Training Plan Template
The TrainingSession.xls Excel template has 2 sections:
- Training Agenda template
- Training Checklist template
Training Agenda Template
With the click of the Hide/Show Rows button...
instantly hide or show your rows of Instructor Notes,
thereby keeping everything organized in a single template
(and avoid all the problems that come from
trying to keep 2 different documents in sync as things change)
Training Plan Template Excel
Outside of the Print Area...
you can use the optional columns to:
- Link to related documents (like your PowerPoints, videos, Instructor Notes, handouts, etc.)
- Clarify the Type of Learning Activity (choosing from your own user-defined dropdown list of your own favorite types of activities — thereby reminding you not to forget an important component of your typical training experience)
- Let Excel calculate the Start Time for each Activity — to ensure that you plan enough time for everything.
To define the Start Time for an Activity to start as soon as another Activity ends...
simply type the equals sign (=) in a Start Time cell —
and then click the cell for the End Time for the preceding Activity, and hit the Enter key.
To automatically highlight cells containing formulas (as illustrated in the video)...
use the special Systems2win HasFormula function
Tip: Try spending a half hour to try to write your own formula to calculate End Time...
and then you will better appreciate the value you get from your professionally developed Systems2win templates.
To print your Training Agenda template...
Bookmark = plan
Training Checklist Template
Anyone that has ever planned a training session knows that there's more to it than just scribbling down an Agenda and some Instructor Notes.
Or at least there SHOULD be more to it —
if you don't want your attendees yawning and plotting ways to avoid ever attending another of YOUR uninspired trainings...
Use this Excel template to systematically ensure that every one of your training sessions
are well-planned, creative, and inspiring.
On the same worksheet — just below the Training Session Agenda, you will find the Training Session Planning Checklist.
Training Session Planning Checklist Excel template
Just like so many other (familiar) Systems2win templates...
- On the DV sheet, you define your own dropdown lists for YOUR team roles, YOUR resources, YOUR status codes...
- Most things are already translated into multiple languages,
and you can even easily create your own dropdown lists in multiple languages
- YOUR personalizations to YOUR master template are automatically found and transferred to the new version every time that you upgrade.
To print your Training Checklist template...
use the special Systems2win Print button.
when you could be using professionally developed templates —
easily personalized for your unique needs —
right now — with no need to start with a blank page and a blinking cursor
Bookmark = program
Training Program template
TrainingSpec.doc is a Word template
that comes with other Training Program templates,
and is found in the tKZdontSync folder of your Systems2win portal.
It provides a good starting point for organizing your thoughts
when developing a training program that consists of more than one training session.
Add and delete sections as needed
- If a table or section doesn't apply — delete it. If you need a new one — add one.
- To insert a new table (pre-formatted like all the others):
Insert > Table and then select Table Tools > Design > Table Styles > Table Systems2win
(Word 2003: Table > Insert > Table > Auto-format button > Table Systems2win)
- To insert table rows:
Table > Insert > Rows above or below
(Word 2003: Right-click the table > Insert > Insert rows above or below)
For additional help — (including help for how to insert hyperlink icons) — see Tips for using Systems2win Word documents.
Bookmark = Reading
Suggested Reading and Resources
Also see Systems2win’s Online Training & Videos for Training Session Design