Purpose of Systems2win Sync
Easily synchronize your personalized templates :
If you have ever worked at a company where...
Jack was using a 3-year-old version of a template,
Then you will appreciate Systems2win Sync...
so all of your users always have the latest version
(even when they are on an airplane or don't have access to your company network or intranet)
How to sync?
When your leader sends you an email to notify you that a master template has been personalized, then his email should include instructions for you to use:
Excel Ribbon bar > Systems2win tab > Setup > Sync Now
How does it work?
If you see a dialog that says...
Your current portal setup choice does not require synchronization
- You are using the Trial version
- You only own a license for one user
(so there is no shared central portal)
- Your leaders did not purchase a license for this optional feature
- Your IT Department chose a portal setup choice that does not support sync
(such as SharePoint, Citrix, or Intranet)
- Your computer has a sync setup choice different from your company's default
Otherwise, it will sync your company's (perhaps personalized) master templates
from your company's master Systems2win Portal (located somewhere on your company's server)
to your own local computer.
- Version 14 and higher —
master templates are synced to a copy of the Systems2win Portal
located on each user's c: drive (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Systems2win\S2winPortal\ )
- Version 13 and lower —
master templates are synced to the default User Templates folder on each user's PC
Learn more about Systems2win Sync
- To see your last successful sync date, select Systems2win menu > Setup > About Systems2win
- Sync requires your IT Department to choose a portal setup choice that supports sync
- AutoSync was discontinued in version 14
There used to be an AutoSync dialog that would appear whenever you opened a Systems2win template when more than 30 days had passed since your last successful sync.
Now you simply wait to receive an email from your leader if/when she personalizes a master template.
How to purchase Sync?